Information on Art. 1 [GbV]
Appointment of Dangerous Goods Safety Advisers
(1) Company directors and the proprietors of businesses involved in the transport of hazardous goods by rail, road, water or air must appoint at least one dangerous goods safety adviser in writing. If several advisers are appointed, their duties must be determined in writing in accordance with Enclosure 1.
(2) The function of the Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser can be performed by:
1. a company employee who may also be assigned other duties
2. a person who does not belong to the company or
3. the director or proprietor of the company.
Appointment in writing is not necessary if the director or owner assumes the function of the dangerous goods safety adviser.